Humvee rear winch install

Humvee modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

spitfire1745
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Humvee rear winch install

Post by spitfire1745 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:12 pm

I need some help on installing a rear winch. I have a front winch hydraulic winch installed but not wired up yet. I believe I can figure out on the wording part cuz I can just follow off the direction on the mile marker instructions. But my real question is. How and where do i install the hoses and the solenoid valve. Thank input and pictures would help. Thank you

tmoschella
G-Private
G-Private

Re: Humvee rear winch install

Post by tmoschella » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm

So are trying hook up two hydraulic winches. Each winch has a separate solenoid. Each solenoid has its own electrical circuit The front one actually on the winch motor, the back winch's solenoid is mounted over the Cadillac valve, in front of the drive under the hood.
Normally there is only one winch installed on a truck.
Each hydraulic motor has two fluid connection depending on which way the fluid is flowing determines if the winch is paying out or hauling in. Each of hoses are connected to the power steering and brake hydro boost. To connect two winches to the same pump would require a Y fitting to allow for two hoses connected to one fitting. I hope this helps

cgffemt
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by cgffemt » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Do you have the installation manuals for the mile marker winches? I can't post PDFs here, but can send them to you if you need them. They explain everything step-by-step for the install.

Mark Rozak
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Mark Rozak » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Pumps flow rate might not support two winches.

spitfire1745
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by spitfire1745 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes I have both winch having their own circuit and solinod. My only major question is just how would I route the hydraulic hoses from and to where?

spitfire1745
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by spitfire1745 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Yes I would like for the winches both to work. But they are mainly for show but yes I would want them to work.

cgffemt
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by cgffemt » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Hose routing is covered in the install manuals, do you have those?

Rear winch lines run generally along the driver's side of the transmission tunnel.

Front winch lines run forward from the power steering pump to the front of the vehicle, then inboard to the winch. '

spitfire1745
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by spitfire1745 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:33 pm

I have the manual for the front bur not for the rear winch set. I mainly need for the hoses on where they go but even if anyone had the rear instruction manual for the winch wpils be great for me.

cgffemt
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by cgffemt » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

spitfire1745 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:33 pm
I have the manual for the front bur not for the rear winch set. I mainly need for the hoses on where they go but even if anyone had the rear instruction manual for the winch wpils be great for me.
PM me your email and I can send you the install manual for the rear

Return to “Humvee Modifications”