Warning lights for the Mighty Mite

Mighty Mite modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Radar4xfour
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Warning lights for the Mighty Mite

Post by Radar4xfour » Thu May 01, 2014 6:00 pm

To be seen in such a small vehicle is not such a bad thing. To improve my chances of being seen this is what I came up with.

I recently added 2 Ecco brand LED warning lights to rear of my M422A1. The lights are wired into the harness that is located in the drivers side rear compartment via a fabricated Y connector. The wiring can be put back to original simply by unplugging the Y connector. The rear warning lights are wired into the headlight circuit, turn on the headlights and the warning lights operate. I fabricated simple steel angle brackets for mounting into the existing holes on the body, one fastener per side, with a rubber strip to isolate it from the body. The lights come with the black surface mounting bezels, at some point in the future I may paint them OD to be a little less obvious. Another mounting option I considered was removing the rear reflectors and mounting the lights behind the panel in lieu of on top of it. This would have required an 11/16" hole to be drilled. Really not a big deal as there is already a small hole there and if the lights needed to be removed the reflectors would cover the hole. In the end I liked the idea of having the reflectors and the warning lights.

The lights are Ecco model 9014 Hide-A-LED. Each light head comes with 6 high intensity LEDs, operates on 12 or 24 volts, can be programmed for 16 flash patterns and can be synchronized with each other. It is difficult to capture how bright and intense these lights are. On a sunny day they do not wash out in the sunlight and can be easily seen. Needless to say at night there in certainly no question that the vehicle ahead of you has warning lights on it.

Regards,

Radar
DSC_0455.JPG
DSC_0455.JPG (55.98 KiB) Viewed 6100 times
DSC_0452.JPG
DSC_0452.JPG (45.13 KiB) Viewed 6100 times

Dhdeason
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Re: Warning lights for the Mighty Mite

Post by Dhdeason » Tue May 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Nice very creative. Looks like a very good mod. I'll have todo something like that when I get to that point.

rob w
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Warning lights for the Mighty Mite

Post by rob w » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Nice mod and write up Paul....as much as you are driving, this is a good idea :)

keep up the good work!

Rob

Return to “Mighty Mite Modifications”