updates, modifications or what?

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
101son
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major
updates, modifications or what?

Post by 101son » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm

My May of 43 gpw has its should have and should not have's mixed up. It has evidence of a lube chart and grease gun mount, rifle mount, spare tire support,early keyed glove box with a "keyhole" shaped lock cutout, but no air pump mounting brackets. Doesn't that defy all the supposed to should haves? It was rebuilt in 1945 by Higgins in New Orleans. It looked as though all parts were original to the jeep but I don't know for sure. They are all ford. What do you all say to this?
From all I have looked into it is not supposed to have the grease gun or the lube chart, nor the rifle rack or tire support. The glove box is suppose to have the D shaped lock hole and supposed to be equipped with the mounts for the air pump. I am still in a quandary as to how to restore it. Do you think Higgins could have updated everything during the engine rebuild time or maybe another explanation?

Wolfman
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: updates, modifications or what?

Post by Wolfman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 am

Have to do a search, but somewhere there is a chart that shows the modifications for GPW and MB.
A big graph that shows the modifications and additions and a time line of when they were introduced.
Covers early 42 to 45.
Probably buried some place in the GPW/MB section.
Mike Wolford
CJ-2A
VEP GPW
Comm./Inst. SEL
AOPA ( 50 yrs)
EAA ( 49 yrs)
4th Inf. Div. - 5th Inf. Div. - 2nd Armor Div. - CIB

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”