Uploading Photo Step by Step Help

Discussion and issues regarding the forums.g503.com message board application website.
thidisbogus
G-Major General
G-Major General

Uploading Photo Step by Step Help

Post by thidisbogus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 am

For many on the G503 it has been a challenge to upload photos into a thread. Many feel intimidated by the process and become ultimately so frustrated that they just give up. I have been there, and figured it would be useful to post a thread to help those out that are struggling with this aspect.

The first thing you have to do is get yourself an account with a photo album site. Some use Flickr, Photobucket and others. For my example I am going to use the G503 photo album site on Surfacezero.com.
To begin with, we are assuming you have already logged onto the Surfacezero/G503 site and gotten you an account set up. We are also assuming you are on a Windows operating system, as if you are on an Apple your screens and process may be a little different.

Let's start by uploading a photo to your account. Here is a screenshot of what your account main page looks like:

You then "Create and Album":

Start by obviously naming your album something:

thidisbogus
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Uploading Photo Step by Step Help

Post by thidisbogus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:58 am

Once you have created it and named it, you then scroll down and select "Upload Photos":

The "Select Files for Upload":

Then an additional file window comes up and you browse to where your photos are. It will be much easier if you put your photos in "My Pictures" as the window will probably default there. You can select more than one file at a time if you hold the shift key down and click the first photo and the last photo in the series. However, keep in mind that the more photos you upload at once you will increase your upload time and also increase the risk of having an error while uploading because so much data traffic is going on. For our example we are only uploading one file:

You will then see a progress bar uploading the file and when it finishes will prompt you to "Upload/Submit" which you press:

thidisbogus
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by thidisbogus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 am

Then another screen will come up with a button that says "Process", which you press:

Then you get this screen:

Now you go to that album and you click on the particular picture you want to put on the G503 thread you are starting or replying to:

Down near the bottom of the picture you will see a link. You will highlight the link and right click and "copy" it:

thidisbogus
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by thidisbogus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 am

Now let's suppose you want to start a thread on the G. You go to whatever Board Index category you want to post and and click "New Topic":

You type your Subject and body of your thread and when you are ready to insert your picture you then right click and "paste" the link you copied from the picture previously:

Make certain and highlight and delete the "thumbs/" part of your link. If you do not your picture will display as a tiny "thumb":

Here is the link with the thumbs part deleted:

thidisbogus
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by thidisbogus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 am

If you are replying to someone else's thread and uploading a picture then you just hit "reply" like you always do, just insert the link in there to show them your picture.

I hope this helps a lot of you that are really frustrated and have not been able to share your pictures of your projects with the rest of us.

If you are still having problems reply to this thread and we can help you through it.

hatchetdan
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by hatchetdan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks Bogus for the schooling! But I think all this hassel is really unnecessary this day and age. :evil: I can post a photo straight from my computer to many other forums that I read. its all done on their site, using an attachment when you do a post. Now I am talking just a few pics, not a whole album.

johnfrater
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by johnfrater » Wed May 10, 2017 2:26 am

Hi, I have a large .MOV movie file (23 MB) I'd like to post in a thread. I was trying to upload it using the UPLOAD tab at the bottom of this screen, and it doesn't seem to work? Any ideas? Thanks

Return to “Forums.g503.com”