Welcome to The G!
Server Time is Saturday July 23rd, 2016 at 4:08:50 PM (CDT)
The Spotlight is set for 2 hours, 24 minutes.
It changes in 41 minutes, 8 seconds.
Make: Willys MB 257965
Submitted By: Steffen Hellem
Location: Lorenskog, Lørenskog, Norway
We were recently contacted by Chris Story, a member of the Dixie Division. He has a
website called radionerds.com,
where he hosts military communications manuals.
These are are all FREE, with no limits on download and there are
no ads or commercial products sold. It is strictly a digital library
for public domain documents.
Chris has recently added a new archive of all the PS Magazine issues
and has access to the entire archive from the US Army. These are now online and can be
seen and downloaded here at psmag.radionerds.com.
These are a completely free resource.
Enjoy and thanks for looking!
G503 Related Events
Freedom Vehicles Military Outpost
June 30 through July 30, 2016
Orem, Utah, United States
Come and volunteer to help celebrate our US Military heritage! July 1-4, 2016, volunteer at the Freedom Vehicles Military Outpost located at SCERA Park in Orem Utah. On display will be the largest collection of military vehicles and military artifacts in Utah County’s history dating from 1914 to the present day. Volunteer in the Freedom Vehicles Military Outpost as we bring positive life changing events and activities to the community and help teach about our nation’s history. By Volunteering you will have a more life changing experience, by helping others appreciation for our heritage, our community, our nation, our freedom, as well as for those who sacrificed everything to make it possible will grow as you participate in and help with all the fun interactive events. In 2016 we will be adding additional interactive games, and learning experiences that will help participants feel as if they are actually part of that time in history. But it will not be possible without volunteers; we need approximately 175 people to sign up to volunteer for 4 hours. Depending on a person’s age, and capabilities, you will be assigned to help with activities that match your skills. Depending on your assignment you may need to have training prior to your scheduled volunteer date.
• Learn to shoot a 50 caliber machine gun and then with supervision shoot one that looks, sounds, and feels like the real thing.
• Take a Military Vehicle and Equipment Historical guided tour.
• See the Military armory display; weapons from 1916 – 1980.
• Attend the American Bald Eagle Presentation; learn about and get your picture taken with a real bald eagle.
• Hear Veterans tell their story of WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Gulf War experiences.
• Take a stretcher ride with a friend.
• Build a protective wall using sand bags.
• Learn how to find your way in the wilderness using a compass and try your hand in a competition.
• Get your picture taken; families can dress up as soldiers and get in specified vehicles.
• Get your own Dog Tag that is made on a 1943 imprint machine.
• Learn to Stencil a vehicle, then try your hand to see how you do.
• Use a real Morse Code machine and try to break the secret code.
• Learn to use geometry to shoot a tea shirt from an air cannon to hit a specified location.
• Talk on a military radio and learn the phonetic alphabet.
• See if you can toss a grenade in to the enemy’s trench.
• Learn how to skirmish using wood guns and rubber grenades.
• Shoot a Candy Air Cannon; kids run to find the candy.
• Learn how to march the way soldiers do.
• Get your face painted using real Camouflage face paint.
• Take a ride in the kiddy train that honors all branches of service.
Military Outpost Timeline
July 1, 2, – All events
July 3rd –Tours and listen to Veteran stories and devotional
July 4th - All events throughout the day and early morning convoy (6:00 – 6:30 AM)
Go to http://www.freedomvehicles.org/volunteer/ to sign up and for updated information
2016 Military Vehicle Preservation Association International Convention
August 11 through August 13, 2016
Pleasanton, California, United States
The 41st Annual MVPA International Convention will descend upon Pleasanton, CA at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. This is a great location in a great tourist region and state, so please mark your calendars and consider planning a family vacation around the show.
Indoor and outdoor displays. Moderate to warm weather with relatively low humidity and almost no chance of rain. Plenty of RV and dry camping at the fairgrounds and our Host Hotel is nearby. We are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Jeep and our display goals are: 50 Dodges, 10 Internationals, 10 halftracks, four tanks, and Rare Fords.
Details are on www.MVPA.org including pre-registration forms, vendor table layout maps, list of vendors, host hotel and camping info. Only MVPA members can show vehicles and only members and guests may order tour and dinner tickets. We'll have three offsite excursions - San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf with options to tour a WWII sub and Liberty Ship plus take a bay cruise; a tour of the USS Hornet aircraft carrier museum; and a tour to Wente Vinyards, the oldest winery in the region. The auction and dinner will be Friday night at the fairgrounds and the Awards Banquet is Saturday night at the hotel. The Military Vehicle Collectors of California is the hosting organization working with the MVPA. On the MVCC website is a list of optional tourist attractions in the region, both military historical and not. Register through MVPA or for questions call HQ at 800-365-5798 8-4:30 Central Time. MVCC Convention Committee Co-Chairmen are John Neuenburg at email@example.com and Dave Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 27 through August 28, 2016
500 Callahan Rd, North Kingstown, RI 02852, Rhode Island, United States
Large grass area for Static Displays, reenactors, food, and vendors! Also Antique trucks and Fire Engines. Staying overnight on site is allowed. No live Weapons, any weapons must be approved by event weapons inspector.